You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Skip to Navigation
Skip to Main Content
State Agency Directory
Public Water System Study
COVID-19 For Emergency Management
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT PERFORMANCE GRANT (EMPG)
The EMPG Program provides resources to assist state, local, tribal and territorial governments in preparing for all hazards, as authorized by Section 662 of the Post Katrina Emergency Management Reform Act (6 U.S.C § 762) and the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, as amended (42 U.S.C. §§ 5121 et seq.). Title VI of the Stafford Act authorizes FEMA to make grants for the purpose of providing a system of emergency preparedness for the protection of life and property in the United States from hazards and to vest responsibility for emergency preparedness jointly in the federal government and the states and their political subdivisions. The FY 2018 EMPG will provide federal funds to assist state, local, tribal and territorial emergency management agencies to obtain the resources required to support the National Preparedness Goal’s (NPG’s) (the Goal’s) associated mission areas and core capabilities. The federal government, through the EMPG Program, provides necessary direction, coordination, and guidance, and provides necessary assistance, as authorized in this title to support a comprehensive all hazards emergency preparedness system.The Emergency Management Performance Grant Program is to support a comprehensive, all-hazard emergency preparedness system by building and sustaining the core capabilities contained in the National Preparedness Goal.
• Completing the Threat and Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (THIRA) process;
• Strengthening a state or community’s emergency management governance structures;
• Updating and approving specific emergency plans;
• Designing and conducting exercises that enable whole community stakeholders to examine and validate core capabilities and the plans needed to deliver them to the targets identified through the THIRA;
• Targeting training and verifying identified capabilities;
• Initiating or achieving a whole community approach to security and emergency management.
2018 Local EMPG Requirements Tracker V1.16 (FINAL).xlsx